We delivered on our promises again this quarter, and even exceeded expectations in many areas. Now, we enter into a new era to become an even stronger and more focused Siemens.Joe Kaeser, President and Chief Executive Officer of Siemens AG
Press Conference on May 8, 2019
The press conference and presentation were broadcast live.
Conference Call on May 7, 2019
Siemens to build focused energy powerhouse and further boost performance
- Creation of new major player on the energy market with business volume of €30 billion and over 80,000 employees through spinoff of Gas and Power and transfer of Siemens' SGRE stake
- Spinoff to give shareholders direct participation in success and enable rapid implementation
- Future industrial core: Digital Industries and Smart Infrastructure
- Ambitious medium-term goals refined and long-term aspiration outlined
- Savings of €2.2 billion by 2023 through structural efficiency gains planned
- Growth in future-oriented fields to generate net increase of over 10,000 jobs despite efficiency measures
Siemens intends to meet its medium-term growth and profit targets by clearly focusing its portfolio on dynamic growth markets and efficiency gains. To this end, the Supervisory Board of Siemens AG today unanimously approved the next steps in the company's Vision 2020+ strategy concept, including the spinoff of Siemens' Gas and Power (GP).?